Saturday, February 21, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award

 

Wow, was I ever surprised to learn that seven of my new blogger friends have nominated my blog for the Kreativ Blogger Award! This is a nice surprise, especially considering my little "break" from blogging due to an overly hectic schedule which got derailed by an upper respiratory illness. It is amazing to me how quickly one gets behind after feeling poorly and now I am trying to play catch up!

First word of the award came from Greta Koehl (at 6:45 AM on 19 Sept.) from Greta's Genealogy Blog. At 9:34, Cindy from Everything's Relative stopped my blog to inform me she had the same idea. Later that evening, at 10:09 PM, I got word from Colleen from Orations of OMcHodoy. Then the next day, 20 Sept., Sheri from Twig Talk and Debbie from Blanton Family Roots and Branches  nominated me! It didn't stop there because at 11:52 PM, Jennifer from Jennifer's Genealogy Blog contact me to tell me that she too nominated me! Virginia just contacted me today, but I already had this post completed, so I am keeping her on my list below (see #3). I feel honored! Thank you!

Here are the instructions:
1. Copy the award to your site.
2. Link to the person from whom you received the award.
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers. (how to choose only 7!!)
4. Link to those sites on your blog.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominate.

I read many blogs every week. Any extra time is taken up. I learn all the time thanks to them. Here are my choices for the award:
  1. Battlefield Wanderings--I love this blog since I have two Civil War Veterans that I am keep ing track of....Nick does a great job of helping you to visualize a variety of Civil War Battlefields.
  2. Delia's Genealogy Blog--Delia's blog is full of information and family research.
  3. Oh Blah Vi, Oh Blah Va: Life Goes On....--Virginia chronicles her family research on Ancestry, Family Search, Find-A-Grave, etc. among other interesting genealogy related topics.
  4. Cemeteries with Texas Ties--Judy posts great photos, research findings and informative posts connected to Texas cemeteries.
  5. Find Your Folks--Professor Dru blogs about organizational tips, research findings, professional conferences and all things related to genealogy.
  6. Another Day With Donna--Donna journals daily activities, travel and especially genealogy.
  7. Nordic Blue--Cheryl blogs about her family and pioneer history and Norwegian-American  genealolgy.

4 comments:

  1. What a 'co-ink-a-dink' (coincidence) that we were both awarding each other at the same time. Thanks, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award. I am just about to leave Managua, Nicaragua where I spent 10 days with Operation Smile. We helped correct the disfigurement of 91 kids with cleft lip and palate. Then I went to Granada, Nicaragua for a week of intensive Spanish language classes. At last I will be on my way back home and have my internet back to write more on my blog. As you say, there is a lot of catching up to do when "away" for awhile. Have fun with your genealogy and traveling.... I do:) Adios, Donna of "AnotherDayWithDonna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice complement, Andrea! Thank you so much. I didn't realize you were from Texas, too. Is your husband from here as well? I traveled all over the southeast with my hubby for 25 years until he finally was relocated in Irving in 1990. My family is here so it was a nice move to come back home (although I left 2 kids in other states!) They grew up, married, and wanted to stay put.

    Thanks again for such a warm intro in your award list above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I am originally from Medina County, Texas (my family still lives there), but my husband is from Brooklyn, NY! The US Army has landed us outside of Washington, DC for now! Maybe some day we will return....

    ReplyDelete